Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Read this... "That's all I ask of you!"


Update time! Why? Because I know that you love reading about my life. Truly love it.

According to my kindle I am 67% of the way through Les Miserables. I have been reading since July. Please do not judge me, it's a long book! And I have been enjoying it on the deepest level. When I finish I'm sure I will write a marvelous review explaining in great detail what I think the book is about and how impressed I was with it. For now, I won't even get started.

Last month I did lots of research on publishing houses and ended up with a big lump of discouragement in my soul; nevertheless, I have been working on editing my book so that it will be ready when I am prepared to attack the writer's market and change it forever! On the bright side, I just submitted my latest article to Encouraging Word, so at least I am accomplishing something.


Okay, I have a confession to make... just about the only music (besides praise and worship) that I have been listening to for about the past month is the Broadway show tunes station on Pandora. I can't seem to get enough of it. Well, wait, that's not true, I'm actually craving some more variety... I just can't decide where to look. Any suggestions? Oh, as long as we are talking about musicals, let me share a recent discovery with you!


I have been a fan of The Phantom of the Opera film (2004) for several years. Well, some of you may have noticed that recently a movie was released of the 25th anniversary performance at the Royal Albert Hall. This was available for instant play on Netflix (I allow myself the small luxury of the cheapest subscription you can get to Netflix-- what can I say? I'm positively extravagant), so I gave it a shot. Wow! I was blown away, and I don't think I will ever be fully satisfied with the movie from now on. I can't exactly pit Emmy Rossum (Christine from the movie) against Sierra Boggess, the beautiful and talented actress who played Christine in the 25th anniversary performance, because they were both adroit performers and outstanding singers. My opinion is that Emmy has the prettiest voice, and Sierra, perhaps, has more heart and character (her performance of "Wishing You Were Somehow Here Again" demolished my soul)-- which, I suppose, is more desirable in a stage performance than a Hollywood drama.

 
As for the Phantom, I was sold on Gerard Butler in the film, but Ramin Karimloo just about has me convinced to back out of my contract (I still need to do some comparisons). I am certainly no theatrical critic, but my humble opinion is that all was well cast and well preformed in this stunning 25th anniversary of Andrew Lloyd Webber's (who, by the way, seemed very pleased with the production also) The Phantom of the Opera.



In summery, if you are a Phantom fan, or simply a musical fan, I recommend you watch this and enjoy (only a brief caution that all may not be deemed suitable for children).


So, there are a few random musings to tide you over. I look forward to talking again soon.

Yours ever,

ARose




No comments:

Post a Comment